Diablo III error 14404 is very common these days. This article highlights the most common ways to fix this problem.
Error 14404: “There was an error downloading agreements”
· Update Device Drivers
· Run Disk Cleanup
· Disable Security Program
· Uninstall and Reinstall Diablo III
· Reset Display Resolution
· Clean Windows Registry
Update Device Drivers
Before you start playing the game make sure device drivers are up-to-date. Diablo III error 14404 occurs due to outdated drivers. For example: Outdated graphics, sound or network driver version. Update all your drivers to fix this issue. Here are the steps for you:
1. Click the Start button.
2. Type “Device Manager” without quotes in the Search Box. Press ENTER.
3. In Device Manager window, expand Display Adapter. (From the left hand side panel)
4. Select Update Driver Software.
5. Follow the instructions and restart your computer.
Run Disk Cleanup
Disk cleanup is an integrated utility in Windows. Diablo III makes temporary files to store temporary data. Problems with these file cause error 14404. Remove all the temporary files to improve system performance. Follow the instructions given below:
1. Click the Start button, type “Disk Cleanup” (without quotes) in Search Box. Press ENTER.
2. Select a disk drive, click OK button.
3. Follow the on screen instructions.
Disable Security Program
Conflicts with the security software show 14404 error. The security software you’re using might be preventing the game from running properly. Temporarily disable it to fix the problem.
1. Right-click your antivirus Icon located on the Taskbar.
2. Select Disable until system reboot.
1. Click Start, type “Windows Firewall” (without quotes) in the Search box.
2. Double click Windows Firewall.
3. In the left pane, click on Turn Windows Firewall ON or OFF.
4. Click on Turn Off Firewall both from private and public network location settings.
Uninstall and Reinstall the Game
It could be reason that game files are corrupted. Uninstall and reinstall the game. Follow the steps given below:
1. Click Start, select Control Panel.
2. Click on Programs | Uninstall a Program.
3. Select Diablo III from the list of installed programs.
4. Click on Uninstall.
5. Follow the uninstall wizard and restart your system.
6. Now download fresh copy of Diablo III and install it again.
Reset Display Resolution
In some cases Diablo III does not support your current display resolution. Change the display resolution. Follow the steps given below to reset your display resolution:
1. Right-click on your desktop, select Screen Resolution.
2. Select a different display resolution, click Apply | OK.
Clean Windows Registry
Misleading Diablo III Registry entries cause error 14404. Scan and clean Windows Registry by doing the steps given below:
1. Download and Install PC Fresher, a System Cleaner software.
2. Click on Registry Repair tab from the main user interface.
3. Scan your system for Registry Errors.4. Fix all errors