You might encounter “spooler subsystem app stopped working” at Microsoft Windows platform. Basically its printing error that stops printing command given by user. You are unable to print any document once you encountered this error.
If your printer has encountered spooler subsystem app stopped working error you one among two different error messages.
First error message is “spooler subsystem app has encountered a problem and needs to close. “ This message appears when user attempts to start or stop print spooler service.
Second error message is “operation cannot be completed”. This error message appears when you attempt to print a document.
- Delete spool printer and driver files
- Edit Windows Registry entries
- Turnoff Internet print client
- Uninstall and reinstall printer
- Update drivers
Delete spool printer and driver files:
Deleting spool printer and driver files can problem for novice user. If you are not technical users, we strongly recommend you to run your system in Safe Mode. To run your system in Safe Mode, you should hit F8 key repeatedly while your computer is starting. Now in Safe Mode perform the steps mentioned below to delete spool print and drive files:
Follow the path given below:
- Go to spool print and driver folder select all files and Delete
Edit Windows Registry entries:
Windows Registry is a compact database that stores hardware configuration, settings and options of Windows Operating System. Any dysfunctional, outdated, corrupted or deleted Windows Registry entry can cause spooler subsystem app stopped working problem.
Beware any incorrect modification in Windows Registry can cause serious problems. That is why manual Windows Registry editing is not recommended at all. You can resolve this problem through Registry Cleaner software such as RegInOut. Follow the steps given below to download Registry Cleaner software:
- Download Registry Cleaner RegInOut
- Install it and Click on its icon on desktop
- Click Start Scan button
- Click Fix Errors button when scan process completes
- Reboot your system after fixing all errors
Turnoff Internet print client:
Sometimes Internet print client creates problem for printer. So, turnoff Internet print client to resolve printer problem. Follow the steps given below to Turn OFF print client:
- Click Windows Start button
- Click Control Panel and then Programs and Features
- Now click Turn Windows Features on or off
- Click + sign of printer services
- Check LPD and LPR and uncheck Internet Printing Client
- Reboot your system
Uninstall and reinstall printer:
Sometimes your printer can cause spooler subsystem app stopped working problem because of corrupted printer installation. It is recommended that uninstall and reinstall your printer to refresh it. Follow the instructions given below to do so:
- Click Start | Control Panel | Printers
- Right click your Printer and click Delete
- Now add your printer again
- You are done
Outdated drivers are one of the major reasons for computer and allied device errors. In spooler subsystem app stopped working problem, outdated drivers could be the cause. Follow the steps given below to update printer drivers:
Search for printer driver CD that normally comes with newly purchased printer. If you have one, insert CD and start installing printer driver. If you don’t have printer CD, you can download latest printer driver from manufacturer’s website.
Updating drivers from Windows updates:
You can also update drivers from Windows updates. Follow the steps given below to update printer drivers:
- Go to Start and click Control Panel
- Click System | click Automatic Updates tab
- Click Hardware in the left pane | click Optional
- Now select any hardware driver updates
- Click Review | Install Updates
- You are done