Error 137 usually occurs while using Google Chrome and Firefox. The error makes browser idle and users become unable to browse. Error message you would receive is:
“This webpage is not available
The webpage at <any URL here> might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address
“Error 137(net:: ER_NAME_RESOLUTION_FAILED): Unknown error.”
Internet users who are habitual to use Google Chrome and Firefox are sacked by this error. Tweaks to resolve this error are written in this article to give relief to the affected users.
1. Update ethernet driver
2. Flush DNS
3. Update antivirus and run scan through it
4. Restart router and system
5. Clean Registry problems
6. Restore system
Update ethernet driver:
Ethernet driver is a key component to run internet through network server. Sometimes, out-of-date ethernet driver becomes cause of error 137. Follow the steps given below to do so:
· Click on Start
· Type “Device Manager” in Search Box
· Select the Device and note down its name
· Download Latest driver from manufacturer’s website
· Restart your system.
Update drivers from Windows Updates:
· Click Start button and then Windows Update
· Now click Custom button
· Click Hardware, Optional in the left hand column
· Locate your ethernet device drivers
· Click the checkbox if your ethernet device driver update is available
· Now click Review and Install Updates
· Let it complete the installation
· You are done!
Domain Name System (DNS) refers to an Internet Protocol (IP) address of a device or destination of an object on network/internet. Sometimes, DNS becomes corrupt, outdated or in technical terms it simply messes up. In this case you are required to flush DNS to refresh your DNS cache history.
Follow the steps given below to do so:
· Click Start button | Point to All Programs | Click Accessories.
· Right click Command Prompt, select Run as Administrator.
· Type IPConfig /FlushDNS command CMD and press Enter
· You will receive a message “Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache”.
· Now type Exit and press ENTER
· You are done!
Update your antivirus software so that it would detect and wipe out the viruses You can easily update antivirus program; double click on antivirus program icon and then click update button in program’s user interface.
In addition, virus attack cannot be neglected, therefore, run complete virus scan to resolve Google Chrome browser error 137.
Restart router and system:
Sometimes, error comes because of program and hardware sluggishness. The program and hardware become hanged by using them continuingly. You are required to restart your router and PC to refresh them for better performance. It will also resolve error 137.
Clean Registry problems:
Windows Registry is a compact database that stores system configuration and user settings. Any trouble in Windows Registry causes number of computer problems and error 137 is one of them. It is necessary to fix Registry errors regularly.
This tweak is quite technical as it involves Windows Registry editing. That is why editing Windows Registry manually is not recommended at all. There are number of Registry Cleaner softwares such as RegInOut which can give relief to you from irritant situations.
Follow the steps given below to download Registry Cleaner:
· Download Registry Cleaner Custom Software
· Install the software | Click its icon on desktop
· Click Start Scan button
· Click Fix Registry Errors button when software completes its scan
· Reboot your system
· You are done!
Restoring system to an earlier point can fix error 137. Follow the steps given below to do so:
1. Click Start button | Point to All Programs
2. Go into Accessories | Select Tools
3. Click System Restore | Click Next button
4. Follow on screen wizard