Error # 126 appears when your Windows is unable to read some DLL files. Your operating system needs to read the series of Dynamic Link Library files to execute a single process. In some cases the DLL files are either corrupted or missing. Below are outlined few steps through which you can easily fix this problem.
Extract Srvsvc.dll from Installation Disk:
Error # 126 can be repaired by extracting srvsvc.dll from your Installation Disk. This process would provide your system with fresh files as old files may become defective. To extract the fresh DLL files, follow the steps given below.
1. Close all active programs.
2. Insert Windows Installation Disk.
3. Click on Start | Run
4. Type “cmd” and press Enter.
5. Now Type expand
6. Restart your system.
Update Service Pack:
Another way to fix error # 126 is to update service pack. By updating service pack, it would automatically replace missing or damaged files. To update service pack, follow the steps given below.
1. Open your web browser and visit Microsoft’s website.
2. Download required service pack version.
Turn On Windows Updates:
Turn On Windows updates to automatically receive updates on your system. Follow the given procedure to Turn On Windows Updates.
1. Click on Start Button.
2. Select Control Panel | Click on Performance and Maintenance
3. Now click on System.
4. Here you can Turn On automatic updating.
Repair Windows Registry:
Error # 126 can be result of invalid registry entries. To fix error #126, you need to repair Windows registry. You can manually fix Windows registry but if you are not tech savvy, you are advised to get some registry repair tool. Here is procedure to repair Windows Registry.
1. Download and Install some reliable registry repair tool such as Reginout System Utilities.
2. Click on Start Registry Scan.
3. Now select Fix Errors.
4. Close Reginout Editor.
5. Restart your system.
Reinstall Concerning Program:
Error # 126 can be fixed by reinstalling the program that is causing this error. Before you start installing another program, uninstall previous program through control panel. Here is procedure to uninstall and reinstall the program.
1. Click on Start button.
2. Select Control Panel | Add or Remove Program
3. Select the program | Uninstall it
4. Now download the program again or install through installation disk.
5. This surely would fix error # 126 on your system.