Users are complaining that Skype cashes during middle of call. In some cases it is experienced that users are unable to connect to call. There can be various reasons behind this problem; however, common reasons are outdated drivers, poor Internet connection and corrupted registry entries.
Below are outlined few steps through which you can avoid from Skype crashes.
Check Internet Connection
Skype would crash due to unstable Internet connection. In some cases improper configuration of your system according to bandwidth results in crashing. Internet Optimizer is utility through which you can optimize your Internet.
Device Driver Issues
Improper driver configuration can also result in Skype crashes. Follow the steps given below to solve this problem.
1. My Computer | Properties | Advanced tab
2. Select Environment Variables and add devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices
3. Value =1
4. Reset your computer.
If problem persists, follow the steps given below
1. My Computer | Properties | Hardware tab | Device Manager | Select View and check “hidden files”
2. Delete grayed USB devices
Temporarily Disable Firewall
Skype crashes can also be due to Windows Firewall.
1. Start | Control Panel | Double click on Windows Firewall | Turn off
Repair Windows Registry
Repair Windows registry to solve Skype crashes. Follow the steps given below to repair registry related issues.
1. Download and install Reginout system utility software.
2. Start Scan | Repair
Run Disk Cleanup
Skype would crash if junk data is present in your system. Run disk cleanup to remove junk.
1. Click start > programs > accessories
2. Select system tools > disk cleanup