Empire Total War Crashes to desktop after 15 minutes reported by some game players.
1. Reinstall game and steam
2. Repair Registry
3. Update Device Drivers
4. Reset CPU Affinity
5. Set higher priority to the game
6. Reinstall DirectX
Reinstall the Game and Steam
Empire Total War Crashes can be fixed by reinstalling game and steam. Follow the steps given below to uninstall and reinstall the game.
1. Click on Start | Control Panel
2. Add or Remove Program | Select Game
3. Uninstall it
4. Restart your system
5. Install game again
Empire Total War Crashes when registry is corrupted. Power shut down may result in game crashes.
To repair registry, download some reliable registry cleanup software on your system.
Update Device Drivers
Outdated device drivers can be reason behind game crashes. To solve this problem you need to updated device drivers.
Reset CPU Affinity
Empire Total War Crashes issue can be resolved by changing CPU Affinity (set CPU affinity to both CPU 0 and CPU 1 for multi-core users). Follow the steps given below.
1. Temporarily minimize game.
2. Press Ctrl + Alt + Del
3. Select Start Task Manager | Processes Tab
4. Right Click on game and select Set Affinity
5. Mark both checkboxes (CPU 0 and CPU 1) as checked.
Set Higher Priority to the Game
Follow the steps given below to set higher priority to the game.
1. Minimize game and press Ctrl + Alt + Del
2. Select Task Manager | Processes tab
3. Select Set Priority
4. And set it to High
Game requires DirectX to be installed and functioning properly. Corrupted installation may cause Empire Total War crash. Reinstall DirectX by downloading it from Microsoft website.