Lots of game players are complaining about Portal 2 error “Failed to load the Launcher DLL” whilst loading game. If you are experiencing same problem, this article would guide you on how to troubleshoot Portal 2 Error “Failed to Load the Launcher DLL”
Below are some useful steps:
Ø Remove Bin Folder.
Ø Uninstall and Reinstall game.
Ø Fix Game related registry issues.
Ø Reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable and Direct X.
Ø Provide security permissions to CSC folder.
Remove Bin folder:
Portal 2 error: Failed to load the Launcher DLL can occur due to corruption in Bin Folder of the game. Removing folder should help.
1. Close game and steam application.
2. Navigate to following directory
C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\\Portal 2
3. Remove/del sub folder named Bin
Uninstall and Reinstall the Game:
To fix the problem Portal 2 error: "Failed to load the Launcher DLL" simply uninstall and reinstall the game. Follow the steps given below:
1. Press Ctrl + Alt + Delete through keyboard
2. Processes > End Portal 2 Process > Confirm.
3. Now click on Start > Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a Program.
4. Select Portal 2 and Uninstall it.
5. Download fresh setup install game once again.
Fix game related registry entries:
Corruption in game related registry entries may lead to an error “Failed to load the Launcher DLL”. Some reliable registry cleaning tool should help in this regard.
Reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable and Direct X:
Portal 2 requires updated Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable and DirectX. If there is problem with installation of these packages and speed up computer, Portal 2 error “Failed to load the Launcher DLL” would appear. Visit Microsoft website to get fresh setups and reset your system.
Provide Security Permission to CSC Folder:
Lack of security permission to CSC folder can result in Portal 2 error “Failed to load the Launcher DLL” and providing appropriate security permissions by following steps should help.
1. Click on My Computer and go to C:\Windows
2. Right click sub folder “CSC” and select Properties.
3. Click Security tab and click Edit button.
4. Now provide read, write and access permission
5. OK | OK